- Glenn, half elf warlock, 1st level (Kyle) — prisoner seven days
- Naivaia, drow fighter, 1st level (Poppy) — prisoner six days
- Chryso, human fighter, 2nd level (Alan) — prisoner six days
- Adran, half elf sorceror, 1st level (Liam) — prisoner four days
- Trazar, wood elf cleric, 1st level (Arden) — prisoner three days
- Vermis, wood elf ranger, 1st level (Andrew) — prisoner two days
The party members find themselves prisoners of a band of drow slavers — unified in their imprisonment, hard labor, exploration of the underground outpost, and shared desire to escape. Several of the party prisoners have found items since their arrival at the outpost, but only Glenn has anything that might be useful as a weapon.
Members of the group talk with
- Prince Derendil, a hulking quaggoth who claims to be a polymorphed gold elf prince
- Eldeth Feldrun, a shield dwarf scout from Gauntlgrym who suggests that as a destination for the group’s escape
- Sarith Kzekarit, a drow warrior jailed for killing a fellow soldier — which he doesn’t remember doing
- Stool, a youthful mushroom creature who doesn’t seem to need to speak to communicate
The prisoners work daily work shifts of eight hours, most recently in the main hall, where drow and quaggoth (underbears) gather to eat and drink. They are fed twice a day, a thin mushroom and root vegetable gruel. And they are occasionally forced to watch the sacrifice of other prisoners to the spiders that populate the webs below the outpost.
Overhearing conversations, and speaking with fellow prisoners, the party has learned a little about the slaver band, their prison cell, and the power structure among the drow.
At the end of the session, the party was bedding down for an extended rest, their work shift over. They’d met each other, met some of the other prisoners, explored the drow outpost — its hollowed-out stalactites, ledges, rope bridges, and backet lift — and learned a little about their captors.